Shangri-La le Touessrok Resort & Spa
Just off the resort’s pristine coastline are two beautiful islands:
Ilot Mangénie, providing the perfect Indian Ocean island escape exclusively for
Shangri-La guests, and Ile aux Cerfs with its spectacular Bernhard Langer-designed 18-hole championship golf course.
Why we Love it
- One of the best-rated locations in Trou dʼ Eau Douce!
- Access to a private island
- Sumptuous experiences in food, décor and more.
- A five-star experience every time, Shangri La provides exceptional service and amenities that make every moment special.
- Extend your stay with addtional nights & optional airport upgrade to business class.
- Staying at the Frangipani wing an exclusive area located on a separate islet and enjoy dedicated facilities and benefits including:
• In-room check-in
• Bottle of champagne and gift upon arrival
• Complimentary mini bar
• A La Carte breakfast in a dedicated area
• Exclusive swimming pool
• Complimentary evening cocktails daily
- 2 swimming pools
- Hospitality lounge
- Non-smoking rooms
- Parking facilities
- Kids & Teens Clubs
- Babysitting / childcare
- Supervised children’s activities
- Foreign exchange counter
- House doctor on-call
- In-room spa services
- IT butler
- Laundry and valet services
- Postal / courier services
The resort boasts an array of facilities and activities which guests can enjoy during their stay,
• Scuba diving
• Big game fishing
• Water ski
• Hobie Cat
• Stand-up paddle
• Pedal boat
• Banana tube
• Kite surfing
Health & Fitness
• Health club
• Fitness classes
• Personal training
• 18-hole championship golf course
• Jogging trails
• Tennis courts
• Bike rental
• Beach volleyball
• Table tennis
Entertainment & Family Services
The resort offers nightly entertainment and themed evenings.
Kids & Teens
- T-Club’ is free for all children from 4-11 years.
- The large and well-equipped clubhouse, provides exciting and imaginative fun programmes
Children can enjoy golf, tennis, windsurfing and swimming clinics.
There are also excursions with a focus on educational enrichment.
- Dinnertime is always a special occasion with a wide selection of menus.
- Babysitters – available at extra charge – are required for children of 2 and 3 years, unless
accompanied by a parent. Open daily (10am-10pm).
- The Teen’s club is free to 12-17 year-old.
They can meet new friends from around the world in a safe and fun environment.
Activities including sports, excursions, outings, discos and theme evening
Food & Drink
At Shangri-La’s Le Touessrok Resort & Spa, you will experience fulfilling and memorable dining experiences!
The resort features 5 restaurants that serve the finest Western and Asian cuisine. From the spices and fragrances of India to the pure, fresh ingredients of Japan, there is something for every taste and occasion at the resort’s numerous dining venues.
Ti-Marché provides a one-stop-shop for guests, offering coffee, tea and fresh juice in the morning, along with pastries, bakery items and viennoiseries.
A selection of Shangri-La’s Le Touessrok Resort & Spa branded items and a range of alcoholic beverages are also available.
- Sega Bar
Sega is a rum and Tiki bar that offers Mauritian-inspired beverages, a unique smoked cocktail menu, exotic Tiki concoctions and a signature “Shangri-La Rum Oak”, an eight-year-old rum that can be personalized to your taste.
An over-the-pool stage showcases local reggae and seggae music, and nightly live jazz and blues.
Shangri-La’s Le Touessrok Resort & Spa resort features an extensive range of culinary options. Five restaurants and three bars provide a lively yet sophisticated offering.
Kushi is a specialised Japanese restaurant, with sensational sea views. A sushi bar manned by a master sushi chef. Wagyu beef menus are available as well as a wide variety of sake and cocktails. You can also enjoy a unique yakiniku experience that includes a built-in grill at each table, and a traditional Omakase set menu offering chef ’s specials, depending on fresh fish arrivals.
This dynamic food theatre venue features a large variety of dishes and ingredients, featuring dishes from around the world, The show kitchen and market place atmosphere invites you to interact with the chefs. Le Bazar is a cozy and innovative venue. The restaurant features international cuisine with an Asian twist, including dim-sum selection, a noodle bar and a western corner with meat and seafood grills.
Republik Beach Club & Grill
Located on the exclusive Frangipani islet, this unique beachside restaurant offers breathtaking views of Trou d’Eau Douce Bay.
It is a contemporary lifestyle destination. Whether you’re seeking a restaurant serving Mediterranean cuisine as well as charcoal fired barbecue grills on special nights, a trendy bar where you can revel in style with live music, theme nights and performances by local and international DJs or a bohemian beach lounge, it’s all right here.
The internationally acclaimed Indian restaurant, Overlooking Hibiscus Bay, Safran is a refined dining restaurant offering a blend of authentic Indian and Mauritian cuisines. The menu was conceived by internationally acclaimed Chef Ramesh Bundi and provides an array of popular Indian dishes served family-style.The restaurant also offers set menus, including vegetarian options and a premium menu.
- If you’re staying in the Frangipani Island wing, you’ll have free soft drinks in your minibar, as well as a free happy hour.
- We also highly recommend Safran, which overlooks Hibiscus Bay and the entertainment area. The excellent Indian specialties and beautiful setting create a truly memorable dining experience.
The sophisticated rooms and suites offer breathtaking views of the Indian Ocean.
Deluxe Ocean View – 56 sqm
Fully renovated Deluxe Ocean View Rooms .
Offer the best in contemporary, island-chic style.
Each of these rooms boasts magnificent views of
the Indian Ocean.
Deluxe Beach Access – 56 sqm
Fully renovated Deluxe Beach Access Rooms.
Direct beach access
Fitted with state-of-the-art technology.
Junior Suite Hibiscus Ocean View – 65-70 sqm
Spacious, fully renovated Junior Suites.
The ultimate in luxurious, resort-style living.
Magnificent ocean views.
Junior Suite Hibiscus Beach Access – 65-70 sqm
Treat your family to a stay in a Junior Suite
Hibiscus Beach Access.
Children can delight at the natural wonders
nearby, while adults relax in their own spacious
and stylish island.
Junior Suite Frangipani Ocean View – 65-70 sqm
Indulge by staying in one of the exclusive Junior Suites.
Each suite is fitted with refined furnishings.
Contemporary island-chic décor.
Junior Suite Frangipani Beach Access-65-70 sqm
Indulge by staying in one of the spacious exclusive
Provides the ultimate in luxurious resort-style living.
Offers each guest a complete personalized and elite
Deluxe Suite – 126 sqm
The fully renovated Deluxe Suites are the ideal choice.
Located in the Frangipani Wing.
Some of these suites interconnect with an adjacent.
Perfect choice for families.
Shangri-La Suite – 320sqm
The completely renovated Shangri-La Suite is refined
and stylish. Private dining room and an oversize terrace.
Unforgettable views over the Indian Ocean’s turquoise waters.
Beach Villa – 423 sqm
The secluded Beach Villas are the finest
They offer exclusive luxury.
Private beach access.
Private swimming pools.
Lush tropical gardens.
- Spacious balconies and terraces
- Bathroom with separate shower and bathtub
- Complimentary internet (Wi-Fi and broadband) access
- Complimentary daily digital access to newspaper
- Complimentary fruit basket upon arrival
- In-room safe
- In-room Nespresso machine and tea facilities
- 40-inch LCD TV in all rooms
- Mini bar
- 24-hours room service
- Frangipani Island features luxurious suites and a private pool for adults only. There are fantastic views too, and the suites are unbelievably sumptuous.
- Rooms on the ground floor don’t have palm trees obscuring their views.
- The Hibiscus Wing is fantastic for kids. It’s in a bay and is protected from the wind.
- Not all rooms have balconies, so remember to request this when you make your booking.