The dense vegetation allows privacy and the opportunity to experience untouched nature along with all the amenities expected from a charming accommodation option.
A half mile private sandy beach and a turquoise lagoon frame the hotel inviting you to experience an authentic and relaxing holiday at outstanding value.
Why we Love it
- This eco hotel is an absolute gem in paradise. Fantastic value for your money!
- The excursions are fantastic with a very enthusiastic marine biologist on site it is very interesting and impressive.
- The house reef provides plenty of fish , turtles, reef sharks and sting rays. Excellent for snorkeling.
- Great food and 5 star service from the staff.
- Extend your stay with additional nights.
- Optional upgrade to business class airfare.
- Stay 14 Nights and pay for 13 nights ONLY (Travel 7 Jan – 21 April 2019)
- Enjoy the free activities such as the boat trip to the house reef.
- Book your favourite excursions (Price list on request)
Club Member BenefitWedding package also valid for renewal of vows!
Get Married in Paradise
- Seawater swimming-pool.
- Fully equipped gym.
- Library featuring a variety of international books.
- Free Wi-Fi connection throughout the resort including all room categories.
- Sun beds, shade umbrellas and beach towels.
- 1 big bottle of water per day in the room.
- Transfer from/to the boat bar.
- Diving Center Padi and Ssi.
- Conservation Center with resident Marine Biologist
- Spa with Ayurvedic treatments and classic massages
- In-house laundering
- Multilingual staff.
- Welcome drink
- Refreshing towel upon arrival
- Daily yoga lessons
- A daily Snorkeling trip by dhoni with the marine biologist on the house reef.
- Bikes for adults and children
- Non motorized water sport: Kayak, windsurf, hobie cat.
- Board games
- Bowls court
- Biology lectures, test of underwater respiration
- Children service: baby cot and high chair on request
Excursions (Price List on request)
- Alidhoofaru Sandbank (min 6 pax)
- Night snorkeling (4 pax, torch required)
- Baarah Reef (min 6 pax)
- The best of.. (min 6 pax)
- Coral garden and Hondaidhoo
Monitoring Excursions (Min 6 pax)
- Dolphin monitoring (+snorkeling)
- Turtle monitoring (+snorkeling)
- Manta Ray Monitoring (+snorkeling)
- Romantic Sunset Cruise (min 6 pax)
- Sunset fishing (min 4 pax)
Cultural and Land based Excursions
- Utheemu Sultan Palace (min 6 pax)
- Bicycle tour (min 6 pax)
- Sandbank Experience
Entertainment & Family Services
The barefoot Conservation centre
The establishment of a Conservation Center within the hotel, allowed to develop a series of responsible activities for guests (such as snorkeling,
dolphin watch, turtle identification and more)
- Environmental and cultural bicycle tours
Hanimadhoo island is authentic and locals warmly welcome all visitors.
The home island of the most revered and respected national hero, Sultan Mohamed Thakurufaanu.
- Kayaking Tours
Explore the Hanimadhoo lagoon with the most natural aproach.
- Dolphin and manta monitoring
On a periodic basis,the Conservation Center scientific team leads boat trips to gather data on the distribution of the various dolphin and manta species that inhabit the beautiful atoll.
- Turtle Cove snorkeling
As this snorkeling site is a feeding ground for hawksbill turtles, the amount of individuals spotted here is significantly higher than in the surrounding areas.
- Snorkelling trip by boat
A Daily complimentary trip to the house reef is organized by the marine biologists.
Several excursions are conducted in the surrounding crystal water including night snorkeling.
- Sustainable big game fishing
All fishing activities at “The Barefoot” are developed under “catch and release” policy. One of the very few resorts that have banned the highly impacting night fishing to support wildlife conservation.
The Diving Centre (chargeable)
Offering complete sets of rental equipment including BCD, mask, snorkels, fins, wetsuits, dive computers and underwater digital cameras as well as customized services, suitable for both adults and children. All levels of PADI and SSI courses are available including “ENRICHED AIR DIVER”. (Free try dive). The water is azure blue, warm and the varieties of dive spots (20-30 at a boat distance of 40 minutes) are stunning. All the areas are unique and renowned for their abundance of big aquatic animals.
Food & Drink
- The Panoramic “juice bar” next to the main restaurant is an ideal gathering place to sip soft drinks, fresh juices and mocktails.
- The new floating bar “Black Pearl” located in the hotel lagoon is offering alcoholic drinks.
The Barefoot Restaurant
The Barefoot Restaurant takes pride in sourcing the best ingredients available, seafood arrives fresh and is served to the guests full of flavor.
One Italian Chef specialized in Mediterranean dishes continuously wow the guests with creative and unique combinations, textures and flavors
in order to provide a memorable experience. The Barefoot Restaurant is fully committed to supporting local suppliers.
Buffet Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner are served in the main Sea View restaurant.
For private and romantic dinners, seafood menus may be reserved at an extra charge.
- Request at reception for a speed boat ride to the “Bar Boat” where you can enjoy the lovely sunsets while sipping on a cocktail.
- Take advantage of the free diving test run.
A Total of 52 Rooms in two storey blocks of 4 rooms each.
Seaside Rooms – 44 sqm (Including veranda)
A total of 12 rooms.
Few steps away from the beach.
Affordable and comfortable accommodation. Modern & elegant.
Double sink bathroom.
Sandy inner courtyard.
Beach Front Room – 50 sqm (Including veranda)
Situated on the ground floor.
Direct access to the sandy beach.
Double or twin beds.
Interconnecting rooms for families are also available.
Ocean View Room – 50 sqm (Including veranda)
Situated on the upper floor.
Spectactular Sea View.
Double or twin beds.
Natural stone bathroom with shower.
Interconnecting rooms for familes are also available.
- Fully air conditioned rooms with individual temperature control
- Ceiling fan
- Tea and coffee makers (free of charge)
- Fully stocked mini bar (on charge)
- In room personal safe box
- Hair dryer
- Beach towels
- Telephone with direct external line
- Twice daily housekeeping service
- Wireless internet access free of charge
- One complimentary big bottle of water daily
- The ocean View Room & Beachfront Room offer magical Views of the ocean!