With 35 beautifully appointed rooms and two Family-Style villas, guests enjoy an experience beyond expectation, with luxury accommodation options and world-class cuisine.
Why we Love it
- The hotel offers the ultimate base from which to explore the variety of outdoor activities.
- Numerous Awards & Accolades for Best Hotels / seafood at The Plettenberg.
- World Class service and amenities.
- Great for families and couples.
- Plan/book activities well in advance.
- Gourmet travellers will love Fynboshoek Cheese, located in Tsitsikamma area.
- Bramon Wine Estate is extremely popular, the first estate to produce wine in Plettenberg Bay!
- Try their bubbly at a tasting, or order a bottle with lunch, tapas-style dishes served at tables in the vineyard.
Club Member BenefitFLASH SALE!
Get Married in Paradise
- Two pools with views into the bay beyond.
- Fresh wellness Spa
- The Collection boutique
- Seafood Restaurant
- The Sandbar and lounge
- 37 Individually decorated guest rooms
- Setting for banquets/special celebrations up to 100 guests
- High Tea
Tucked into the Garden route, Plettenberg offers a variety unique experiences for all ages.
The hotel offers the ultimate base from which to explore the variety of outdoor activities.
- Located within walking distance of the lookout Art Gallery.
- With golden beaches, a rugged peninsula and dense green forest it boosts spectacular signtseeing.
- Popular swimming beach, Robberg 5 is known for bodyboarding and surfing.
- For a long walk along a stretch of prestine coastline, Keurboomstrand is just for you!
- Whale watching (in season) or spy dolphins in the surf.
- Enjoy close encounters with whales, solphins and other sea life in the Plett Bay with Ocean Blue Adventures (Chargeable)
- Robberg Nature Reserve:
A must-visit destination! Immerse yourself in the wild natural beauty of its beach, stretching for kilometres between the Robberg Peninsula and Beacon Island.
Central beach is for the Plett life action! Popular for surfing and the launch site for marine safaris, dive charters and ocean kayaking tours.
- Along the Garden Route, a large variety of adventure sports is available. From horse riding to bungee jumping.
- The Bloukrans bungee jump (Bird’s eye view) is the world’s highest commercial bridge jump (216m) within the Tsitsikamma Forest.
Skydive in Plett for what is said to be ‘the most scenic drop zone in the world’.
- Sky Dive with a Tsitsikamma canopy tour.
- Outeniqua biking trails – self-guided trails in the Harkerville coastal forests and marine reserve.
Some of the highlights on the calendar include the Tour de Plett, the Whale Rally, the Plett Fringe Festival and, most recently, the Plett Food Film Festival.
Entertainment & Family Services
Children of any ages are welcome.
Infants: 0-2 years stay free
Children: 3-12 years
Extra bed on request (Chargeable)
Plettenberg is overflowing with awe-inspiring sanctuaries.
- Adventure Land in Harkerville, with activities ranging from waterslides to quad bikes.
- Plett Puzzle Park, with its life-size 3D maze – a forest puzzle walk through the natural forest and a rope maze for the kids.
- Take part in the EcoKidz Family Challenge and meet some Eco-Catz at the Tenikwa Wildlife Awareness Centre.
Go on a ‘Monkey Safari’ at Monkeyland.
Admire more than 3,500 birds at Birds of Eden.
The Heath, a one-stop shop offering food, drinks, a plant nursery, shopping and a brilliant children’s playground as well as Radical Raptors (rehabilitation centre for birds of prey)
- Storms River & Tsitsikamma:
Tsitsikamma suspension bridge is sutuated within the Garden Route. (Tsitsikamma, Knysna Wilderness National Park )
A relatively easy route to navigate, and the walk is well worth the magnificent views.
Tsitsikamma Canopy Tour: Swinging from platform to platform within a lush rainforest with giant Outeniqua Yellowwood trees that are up to 700 years old.
- Knysna: (30 minute drive)
Knysna Elephant Park, known for rescuing abandones and captive elephants.
Join the John Benn (Double decker floating restaurant) for a family lunch. Daily lagoon cruises to Knysna Heads.
Try a lunch or dinner cruise aboard the Paddle Cruiser.
Cath the ferry across the lagoon to the Featherbed Nature reserve for a walk through the reserve followed by a picnic under milkwood trees.
- Wilderness & Sedgefield:
Visit Timberlake farm village & organic food. A one-stop shop for al your family needs. From clothes shops, delis and a wine retailer, to a fairy garden, wooden barrel train and massive playground, not to forget a range of restaurants.
Acrobranch Garden Route, Tree Top Adventure Park – A kids course and three adult courses with 74 aerial platforms connected by zip lines, bridges, tarzan swings and other obstacles.
Visit the Wild Oats Community Farmers market
The Outeniqua Power Van is a unique rail experience. One of the most scenic railway passes in the country.
The Outeniqua Transport Museum, (departure and arrival point ) houses a large collection of steam locomotives and carriages dating back to bygone years.
- Little Karoo:
Guided tour at the Cango Wildlife Ranch in Oudtshoorn. Home to over 90 different species of anmials.
Meerkat adventures (2-3 hour tour) with mild meerkats.
Ostrich tour at the Cango Ostrich farm.
Cango Caves: Choose between a Heritage / Adventure Tour to explore the dripstone caverns with their vast halls and towering formations.
Food & Drink
The Rates includes a daily Continental Breakfast.
- A wide choice of delicious hot and cold breakfast dishes, fresh fruit, veggie juices and coffee and tea.
Breakfast can be enjoyed inside the restaurant or al fresco on the restaurant terrace overlooking the Bay.
Tea Time at the Pettenberg (R175 pp)
- From savoury treats, including traditional Finger Sandwiches, as well as an array of sweet delights.
Served daily in the Blue Room, or enjoy it overlooking the bay from the Garden Room or the terrace at SeaFood Restaurant.
The Plettenberg celebrates the seasons with a carefully selected range of events each month. Enjoy inspiring talks, sample extraordinary cuisine, taste new vintages and learn about the latest trends – there is something to suit all interests.
Seafood at the Plettenberg.
Set in a contemporary environment, SeaFood at The Plettenberg draws hotel guests and locals alike to the ‘The Collection restaurant with the best view of Formosa Bay.
- Seafood dishes as well as a wide selection of meats and vegetables.
- The relaxed Café Menu offers hearty dishes such as ‘Proper Fish & Chips’ and Charcuterie Platters.
- Venue for High Tea
- Traditional Sunday roast (R175 per person)
12h00 – 14h30
Wine Cellar private Dining. (Romantic Dinner for two)
- Wanting to celebrate that special anniversary or birthday in an intimate setting?
R480 per person / R765 per person including wine pairing.
- The Sandbar is an exquisite, contemporary cocktail bar and lounge.
- The perfect meeting spot for drinks and tea. Evenings it is ideal for enjoying award-winning South African wines and a variety of champagnes.
- Plettenberg Bay’s local markets are great if you are looking for a souvenir to take home with you.
From fruit preserves to curios, your best bet of finding them is at one of these markets!
All rooms & Suites are individually decorated.
King size Bed/Double / Twin set up
Neutral colours with accents of blush and blue create a wonderfully light atmosphere.
Accommodates: 2 Guests
Luxury Double Room
Shades of aqua to reflect the ocean.
King Size Bed Double or Twin Setup
Accommodates: 2 Guests
Luxury Double Sea View / Verandah
Glorious Sea Views
Spacious sitting area
Accommodates: 2 Guests
Magnificent views from private balcony
Generous in size
Open plan lounge and bedroom
Accommodates: 3 Guests
The ultimate comfort
Breathtaking views over the bay and surrounding area
Direct access to pool area
Open plan lounge / Bedroom
Accommodates: 3 Guests
Beach House – 150 sqm
Exclusive seaside living
Two bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms
Large sitting room with fireplace
Small service kitchen
Flat screen televisions
DVD players and satellite TV channels
Spacious private deck and pool
Views of the ocean and mountains
Easy access to all hotel amenities.
Accommodates: 4 guests
- Bottled filter water at turndown
- Complimentary minibar
- Complimentary newspaper every morning
- Complimentary WiFi
- Flat screen television
- Fluffy bathrobes and luxury bathroom amenities
- King Size Bed/ Double / Twin Setup
- Personal in-room safe
- Satellite TV
- Secure parking
- Tea and coffee amenities
- Twice daily housekeeping services at a service time convenient to your schedule
- The Suites which are generous in size, are ideal for families.