Hotel & Resort
Zuri Zanzibar offers 300 meters of private, pristine beach, tropical plants, a lush spice garden, and gorgeous African sunsets. Situated on the west-facing location on the northern edge of the main island of Unguja, in Kendwa.
Why we Love it
- World class service with attention to detail.
- The only beach without a tide impact in Zanzibar.
- The food is Michelin star quality.
- The resort’s aim is to be self-sufficient as much as possible and to be certified by the EarthCheck by using water from its own wells and desalination plant, investing in water recycling and a sustainable space-cooling system: Evening Breeze.
- If you are looking for a place to really enjoy and relax with world class service, This is the place to be!.
- Boutique hotel made up of 55 bungalows, suites and villas set in landscaped gardens.
- A three-bedroom private villa with lounge, kitchen, 12m pool, terraces, game room, ocean-front location and private beach access (500m2)
- Three restaurants and four bars: Upendo Restaurant, Maischa Resto & Bar, Peponi Bar, Bahari Grill & Bar, Dhow Bar
- Spice Garden – ideal for meditation.
- 32m infinity pool.
- Yoga & Wellness – offering beach yoga classes, massages, salon, gym and wild fitness area.
- Library featuring books and DVDs.
- Kids play area.
- Multilingual management team.
- Airport transfers.
- Baby-sitting services.
- Guest relations & concierge.
- Villa hosts.
- Room Service.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Gift Shop.
- Business Corner.
- Laundry Service.
- Kid’s Corner.
- Jozani Forest
- Prison Island
- Stone Town
- Swimming with dolphons & turtles.
- Sunset Dhow boat cruise
- Snorkelling – Coral Reefs Snorkel is a 9-minute walk from the resort.
- Mangrove trees
- Fishing with locals.
- Paje Seaweed farm
- Zanzibar undiscovered tours.
Entertainment & Family Services
- Childrens playground.
- Cooking Classes (additional charge)
Private Spice Garden
- Private pods, ideal for relaxation.
- Yoga classes.
Yoga & Wellness
- Beach yoga classes.
- Wild fitness area.
Food & Drink
The magnificent natural setting provides the ideal backdrop to an exceptional dining experience, whether you choose to be on the beach, at the swimming pool, at one of the Zuri Zanzibar’s beach front restaurants, or in the privacy of your own accommodation.
The hotel’s extensive service offer includes traditional teatimes, private beach dinners, villa host and room service and many other extras, all prepared to the very last detail in order to guests to enjoy their holidays to the full.
Dining by Design
„Dining by Design“ offers the unforgettable opportunity of having your own romantic candlelit dinner or private cooking lesson in various different locations throughout the resort.
Peponi bar in the Zuri Zanzibar offers comfortable benches and sofas for a peaceful and relaxing ambiance. Switch from the sun directly into the cooling shadow of the Peponi Bar and enjoy its high quality selection of gins and cigars.
Located on the private beach in front of the villas, the private beach bar offers a casual but chic atmosphere for guests staying in the deluxe suites and villas.
Beach Restaurant & Bar
You can enjoy finger food and small bites whilst admiring the Kendwa beach‘s amazing sunset. Choose from the bar’s wide range of original cocktails, aperitifs and special refreshing drinks, including sugar cane cocktails, fruit daiquiris and smoothies.
Pool Restaurant & Bar
Maisha has a casually upbeat setting with an easy African vibe, and is the perfect venue for enjoying the ocean views. Enjoy its unique fusion cuisine that mixes Southern European and Indian Ocean cuisine throughout the day, and, upon reservation, typical Middle Eastern and Omani food for dinner under the pool’s pergola.
Main Restaurant & Bar
The Upendo Restaurant overlooks the entire resort and serves international cuisine with an African/Indian Ocean twist. The restaurant’s laid-back Zanzibari style and live cooking shows make it the ideal place for breakfast and dinner, whilst its separate deck is ideal for private events or larger dinner groups.
- Visit Peponi Bar, next to the Main Restaurant & spoil yourself with a “Road to Nungwi” before going to bed.
- For the ultimate romantix experience book the “Dining by Design”.
55 Bungalows, Suites and Villas set in landscaped gardens, environmentally friendly with architecture designed by Jestico & Whiles.
Bungalows– 66 sqm
46 Bungalows, offering 4 categories:
1) Garden Bungalow
2) Zuri Bungalow
3) Ocean Bungalow
4) Ocean Jacuzzi Bungalow
Garden, Partial/Ocean View
Units with interconnected option (families)
One king Size / 2 single Beds.
Accommodates up to 2 adults.
Extra Bed for 1 child up to 12 years upon request.
Suites – 132 sqm
6 Suites offering 2 Categories:
1) Zuri Suite
2) Ocean Front Suite
Partial Ocean View/ Ocean-front View.
Separate bedroom & living room area.
One King/ twin beds & single sofa bed.
Accommodates up to 3 adults.
Two Bedroom Ocean-front Villa – 500 sqm
2 Villas available.
Exclusive ocean-front location with semi-private beach.
2 Separate bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms.
Living room & kitchen corner.
One King bed & 2 single beds.
Extra beds for 2 children up to age 12 upon request.
Accommodates up to 4 adults & 2 children.
Three Bedroom Ocean-Front Luxury Villa – 500 sqm
One Villa available.
Exclusive ocean-front location with semi-private beach.
3 Separate bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms.
Living room, kitchen, & Dining Corner.
Private 12m outdoor pool, Jacuzzi & Zen pond.
Two King beds & 2 single beds.
Accommodates up to 6 adults.
- “Evening Breeze” air-conditioning.
- 100% non-smoking accommodation.
- Overhead fans.
- Unlimited Wi-Fi internet connection.
- In-room laptop size safe.
- Room Service
- 48-inch flat screen TV satelllite channels.
- Organic bathroom amenities.
- DVD, game station, entertainment center.
- Zuri home-made drinking water.
- Complimentary tea and coffee making facilities.
- All Bungalows, Suites & Villas are amazing!
- Make sure to confirm ” Partial Ocean View or Ocean-front View” upon booking.